Chippy Chip Chicken Dill Sliders
These sliders are a BIG DILL. If you’ve ever snuck a sip of pickle juice or asked for extra gherkins on the side, these sliders will steal your heart. A pickle juice brine and crushed potato chip coating makes the chicken extra flavorful, and buttery Dinner Rolls help you build perfectly portioned sliders.
- Aunt Millie’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- 12 (1 1/4 lbs) chicken tenders or skinless breasts cut into strips
- 1 1/4 cup pickle juice (enough to cover the chicken)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 cups crushed Dill Pickle potato chips
- 1/4 cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Cooking spray
- Dill Mayonnaise*
- Shredded lettuce
- Dill pickle slices
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl and cover with pickle juice (enough to cover completely). Marinate in the refrigerator 4-8 hours. Drain and dry the chicken completely on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a large baking sheet with generously with cooking spray.
- Combine melted butter, granulated garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. In a shallow bowl, combine the crushed chips, panko and dried dill.
- Dip chicken in the melted seasoned butter, then into the crushed chip mixture and shake off excess.
- Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet and spray the top generously.
- Bake in the lower rack of oven until the bottom is golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn and bake 6 to 10 minutes, until golden.
- Spread Dill Mayonnaise on both pieces of roll.
- Cover bottom bun with shredded lettuce.
- Place Chippy Chip Chicken on top of lettuce.
- Place dill pickle slices on sandwich.
- Place top bun on sandwich and enjoy.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon Dill Pickle juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of coarse ground black pepper