Cucumber and Herb Cheese Sandwiches
Your grandma would probably call these “tea sandwiches” and might’ve served something similar at her weekly bridge club. But we think these are delicious with any beverage—and you don’t have to host a gathering to enjoy this light, refreshing, carb-conscious sandwich.
- Aunt Millie’s Carb Smart 5 Seed Bread
- 5 ounces Garlic and Herb Boursin cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (or green onions)
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced (peeled if desired)
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- Dried dill
- Fresh chard (typically included in spring mix salad mixture)
- Combine garlic and herb cheese (softened to room temperature) and sour cream in small bowl.
- Add chives (or green onions) and mix.
- Crusts Optional
- Spread a light layer of cheese mixture to both pieces of bread.
- Add 2-3 sliced cucumbers to bottom piece of bread (enough to cover).
- Add 1-2 sliced water chestnuts.
- Lightly sprinkle with dried dill.
- Add 2-3 pieces of fresh chard.
- Cover with second piece of bread.
- Cut bread at diagonal, repeat until you have 4 pieces.