This ham and cheese sandwich takes on a south-of-the-border twist with the addition of black beans, cilantro and sliced jalapeños. Serve it on Live Organic Seedful Bread for an extra crunch, add a bowl of pozole or tortilla soup on the side, and throw yourself a little lunchtime fiesta.
- Aunt Millie’s Live Organic Seedful Bread
- Smoked ham
- Sliced provolone
- Black bean puree**
- Fresh cilantro
- Salsa mayonnaise***
- Lightly toast 2 slices of Aunt Millie’s Live Organic Seedful Bread.
- Spread thick layer of black bean puree to one piece of bread.
- Add sliced ham.
- Cover ham with sliced provolone cheese.
- Place open face sandwich in broiler or convection oven to melt cheese (do not over-heat or burn).
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro (to taste).
- Place lightly toasted bread on top. Slice on diagonal.
- For additional flavor add pickled sliced jalapenos.
- Salsa mayonnaise may be added to top piece of if bread seems too dry.
**Black Bean Puree
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend well.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salsa (to taste)
- Combine in small bowl.