Little Cuban Sandwiches
If you’ve ever visited Miami, you’ve probably heard of “Little Havana.” This recipe uses Hawaiian Dinner Rolls to give you a little taste of Havana at home! They’re the perfect party sandwiches for celebrating Carnaval—or turning any day into a celebration.
- Aunt Millie’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- 1/4 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked deli ham
- 1 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Sliced dill pickles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together butter, dried mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and dried onion.
- Separate the tops from bottoms of the rolls, and place the bottom pieces into the prepared baking dish.
- Spread seasoned butter mixture on each side of the sliced rolls
- Layer about half the ham onto the rolls.
- Arrange the Swiss cheese over the ham.
- Add 1 sliced dill pickle to the middle of each roll.
- Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwiches.
- Brush remaining butter mixture evenly over the rolls.
- Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven until the rolls are lightly browned and the cheese has melted, about 15-20 minutes.
- Slice the individual rolls in half to serve.