Scotch Egg Sliders with Mustard Sauce
Thanksgiving dinner shouldn't get all the glory. Breakfast takes center stage when you start the day with an elegant egg sandwich that'll tide them over till turkey time.
- Aunt Millie’s English Muffins
- 8 Aunt Millie’s English Muffins
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 lb. Hot Breakfast Sausage
- ¼ c. of Flour
- 1 Egg
- ½ c. Panko bread crumbs
- Mustard Sauce*
- Sweet Paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim both sides of each hard boiled egg so the sides are flat and the yoke is showing. Slice hard boiled eggs length wise so you have at least 2 thick slices per egg.
- Divide the sausage into 8 patties and flatten.
- Place egg slice in middle of 4 patties and cover each with additional patty. Pinch edges of top and bottom patties together to seal egg slice inside. Smooth edges.
- Arrange breading station: flour in one bowl, egg wash in one bowl and panko bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Cover each patty with flour, then dip in egg wash (be sure all sides of patty are dipped) and cover each patty with Panko.
- Place each patty on a baking sheet (you may also use a wire rack).
- Cook for 35 minutes, flipping patties once halfway through.
- Place each Scotch Egg on a slightly toasted Aunt Millie’s English Muffin. Top each egg with Mustad Sauce and dust with Paprika. Serve.
¼ c. mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp of stone ground mustard